Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Altec 802D

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ShannonsPlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone have any information on Altec 802D speakers? I'm trying to find the year they were made and the type of wood the cabinets are made of? Thanks! Shannon

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://alteclansingunofficial.nlenet...riverslit.html

    here is a start....

    enjoy the journey...

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    and BTW welcome to the board....

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    on second thought, are the 802D speakers you speak of a complete speaker system? and not just a HF driver

    i am confused forums

  5. #5
    Inactive Member ShannonsPlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    Thank you for the information. Yes they are complete speaker systems . The cabinets are a bit worn and I would like to refinish them. Appears that they made be made of oak or maple. ???

    Thanks
    Shannon

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    can you check to see if there are any numbers on any of the speakers themselves?

    maybe then some of the less informed (like myself) can help a bit more...

    maybe a pic hosted on a free hosting site and linked to here?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ShannonsPlace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2006
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The numbers on the speaker are:
    416-162 (this number is stamped on the metal piece which is attached to the back of the speaker)
    21184-2 (stamped on the back of the speaker itself)
    391207 (stamped on the edge of the rim of the speaker)

    It's pretty obvious that I am the queen of uninformed, so please bear with me. I've tried posting a picture but I think that is asking way too much of my abilities.

    This is the first time I've used a message board, so I'm not sure of the rules. If you could give me your email address, I can send photos.

    Thanks abunch!
    Shannon

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    no problem -- we all start somewhere.... at least you are trying to learn about what you have...

    louped.garou AT gmail.com

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member just me now's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2004
    Posts
    230
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I posted your pictures here....

    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...288#post111288

    I hope you do not mind...

    I am thinking they are Altec Magnificants -- basically a domesticated A7 Voice of The Theater system dressed up in a pretty box...

    but we can wait for the experts

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    Yes magnificent indeed they are. ( A-7)
    Congratulations!

    ..........................................

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.